Based on the information for John, here are some specific, personalized questions to ask during your interview. These questions focus on John's unique strengths, potential weaknesses and drivers of engagement that will help you assess the quality of fit, and potential success in this role.
Outside Sales’ Ideal Behavioral Style (DISC)
The DISC language, which is observable, describes HOW someone behaves and shows up in the world. Understanding the behavioral preferences and habits required for a role will ensure candidates are a good fit.
- Initiates new ideas and promotes them by energizing others.
- Shows the rare ability of being able to manipulate people (in a positive way) without their noticing the manipulation.
- Able to juggle many projects and activities simultaneously and have a keen awareness of the status of each.
- Able to carry a new initiative or message to a new audience in a new region and to build trust, credibility, and rapport in a skilful manner.
- Able to set high goals, then works hard with people to achieve those goals.
- Excellent at building new projects, initiatives, or territory for an organization.